Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How Do I Clean Up "All Programs"

• Please log in to reply

BARROS

BARROS

• PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
Hello,

I want to arrange my "All Programs" from the start menu because its becoming too long and takin over the screen.

I have tried to put folders inside new folders to clean it up but I cant see half of the folders when I "explore" the "All Programs" section...

Does anyone know how to do this?

:whistling:

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Problem is not all programs are truly Windows XP compliant as regards user accounts, so what you're seeing are only those that have managed to go into your named account folder. How many programs have you installed where it asks you "Is this program for just you or for anybody to use"? Not many I bet. Only they are fully XP compliant.

To see them all you need to look in "All Users".

Right-click on 'Start', select "Open All Users". Open the 'Programs' folder there. You should see all the missing stuff now.

Edited by pip22, 21 January 2007 - 10:40 AM.

BARROS

BARROS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
Cheers m8, I will try that and let you know what happens...

Just out of the blue...do you go to James Watt College... :whistling:

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
No Barros I don't. I live south of the border!

BARROS

BARROS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
Ahh ok...worth asking anyways..

I managed to sort out my All Programs folder, looks so much better now :blink: :whistling:

Cheers