Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

prob with keyboard

• Please log in to reply

bluebird007

bluebird007

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have an old AMD processor PC, and 3 days bfore i formatted the HDD and (Tried to)reinstalled windows XP pro. I set the boot sequence in the Bios setting and started installing windows. After the first restart, i noticed I cannot enter the serial number coz my keyboard is not working. I restarted the computer and i saw the keyboard works in the bios settings. But when windows start loading the keyboard works. I tried chaging the keyboard and reseting the bios settings. Didnt work. This system was working on WIn xP with no trouble. How could this suddenly happen. Am using a USB mouse and a PS2 keyboard. Do u think its a hardware conflict. Does anyone knows how to fix it? Apreciate the help

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
If it's a USB keyboard it may only have limited functions until Windows is up and running, not sufficient functionality to actually type any characters. Try a PS2 keyboard and switch back to USB one when install is finished.