Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

server problem

• Please log in to reply

jagdeepgill

jagdeepgill

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hi
I have the same problem as reported by chris y in this forum. always this message keeps popping up 'the memory at 0x... could not be read click on ok to terminate the application' i downloaded stress prime as suggested here and ran all those tests. results were same as reported by chris y then u suggested to check if drive is dirty and its clean . then i ran event viewer there were so many red crosses and yelow warning signs. in system it shows these errors- particularly Dhcp and all these keep coming again and again . the others are reported with the attachment. n please tell me if i install windows again will these be removed. i am particularly worried about this error which is in application section that i have reported here please see that below.

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: WinMgmt
Event Category: None
Event ID: 63
Date: 1/4/2007
Time: 11:14:00 AM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: COMPAQ-4E27A5DC
Description:
A provider, HiPerfCooker_v1, has been registered in the WMI namespace, Root\WMI, to use the LocalSystem account. This account is privileged and the provider may cause a security violation if it does not correctly impersonate user requests.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft....link/events.asp.
Attached File  event_viewer.txt   21.61KB   64 downloads

Advertisements

jagdeepgill

jagdeepgill

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hi
1) i have this problem when i start my internet connection(it's a broadband) most of the time when i try to open a site it says server not foundafter trying again again it connects.moreover internet explorer always stops responding and then shuts down this happens only on my pc as my friend who has same internet service has no such problem, is there some problem with my network settings or something like that? please help me.

2)this is another problem. event viewer shows this error continuously as warning in yellow sign in system
Event Type: Warning
Event Source: Dhcp
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1007
Date: 1/21/2007
Time: 9:36:35 PM
User: N/A
Computer: COMPAQ-4E27A5DC
Description:
Your computer has automatically configured the IP address for the Network Card with network address 0016EC26E857. The IP address being used is 169.254.212.239.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft....link/events.asp.
Data:
0000: 00 00 00 00 ....

jagdeepgill

jagdeepgill

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
please someone help me please!!!!!!

jagdeepgill

jagdeepgill

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
please help. i think this is really serious

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
I would do two things:

1: Switch off your router for about 5 minutes. Switch on again and see what happens.

2: I would take all the preliminary steps mentioned in the malware forum of geeks to go. (this link)