Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

A local language dictionary?

• Please log in to reply

aklil

aklil

• Pip
  • 1 posts
When I use MS word to write documents in Amharic, my national language, I want to check the document for spelling and grammar errors. But, unfortunately MS word does not provide Amharic in its list of languages which means I cannot do the checking. Then I thought "Why not develop my own spell checker?"
Finally, I came to know that I have to develop a dictionary for the language by storing the words in the local script. I feel that I can do the work if I get some help in how to start and a clue on how to develop a dictionary. Can anyone help me?
Note:
1. Fonts(Scripts) for the language are already developed and I can write on my PC in the language. what I want to develop is the spell checker program.
2. I know PL's C, C++ and basics of VC++ and VB. I know little about how to use them for locales.
3. some of my friends suggested that I find ways on how to add "My own dictionary in MS word". But I didn't want that. Although I thought of it because I was not able to use MS word, I wanted to face the challenge and try developing my own Spelling checker Program.

I appreciate if you help me considering this issues.

Thank you in advance for every help you provide to me.

Advertisements