Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Event 4201 - Please Help

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Jwarne

Jwarne

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
I bought a new laptop and im having trouble connecting to my building's wireless network. My other computers connect and stay connected just fine, on wireless. This computer disconnects every 2-4 minutes, causing my downloads and websites to stop loading. When I check EVENTVWR there are no errors, but a bunch of 'Information' flags that report an Event 4201. Its interrupting my driver downloads and really beginning to drive me mad because I my temporary warranty with the seller ends tomorrow and I can't assess my purchase without being able to see it function without interruption and my building's IT guy is out of town. Please, if you would, give me some ideas on how to resolve the issue with my wireless adapter. My other computers are connected just fine, so I could really use some advice on steps I can take to resolve the issue.

Thanks

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Duplicate Topic being closed. The Original can be found HERE.

Fenor