Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems after installing a new Hard Drive

• Please log in to reply

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
If you are in the BIOS Setup, use the right arrow key to select the BOOT catagory at the top. You should find the boot priority setting there. Set the priority so the cd-rom is first and the HDD. Let me know what you find there.

Advertisements

latisha

latisha

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
CD ROM
HARD DRIVE
-MAXTOR
-BOOTABLE ADD IN CARDS

NETWORK BOOT
REMOVABLE DEVICES

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hmmm...

Should boot to the cd set like that. I wonder if there are filters set on the drive. Ha a look at this Microsoft Article...removing filters is discussed under the heading "Hard disk formatted with NTFS file system". Try method 1 and see if there are filters set on the cd-rom.

latisha

latisha

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Can you include the link to that artile?

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Yup... :whistling: ...sorry.

Microsoft Article

latisha

latisha

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
well shtf f10 does not take me to a dos prompt, i might be able to get to a dos prompt, but what drive or directory do i need to be on to execute these commands like c:, d: or c:windows