Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Defender Pro Plus Antivirus

• Please log in to reply

goofi44

goofi44

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I bought this software and tried to install it but it will not completely install. So I tried to uninstall what was put in but it won't let me do that. Every time I click on a program to open a different file, a window comes up trying to install defender. How do I get rid of this? I have windows xp on a dell dimension 4600 desktop. I tried the unlocker program but it didn't help either. I have thought about reinstalling the complete system with the discs, but i really don't know how, though i do have all the discs. I am afraid my computer is an older machine and has a lot of things on it that I cannot get off. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Try using "System Restore".
Start->All Programs->Accessories->System Tools->System Restore.

You will see a calendar displayed. Choose a date BEFORE you tried to install Defender Pro, and restore to that date.

Edited by pip22, 22 January 2007 - 08:25 AM.

goofi44

goofi44

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
I have tried that many times but system restore does not take care of the issue.