Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

after upgrade no beeps or display when booted up

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
when I say I upgraded all I did was swap the cases over. Reconnected all components and the computer wouldn't boot so I disconnected everything except ram, cpu and gpu. The bios loaded and it beeped. One by one added all my other components back and it carried on loading bios and beeping. Then I added my hard drives and it beeped and loaded bios but only showed one hard drive so I turned everything off and checked connections. When I turned it back on the fans, hard drives etc. were all going but no bios loaded and there were no beeps. So disconnected everything except ram, gpu, cpu but still its just the fans etc. going but no bios loaded or beeps.
All components are exactly the same to what I had before I swapped the cases over and my computer had no issues then. I have no idea what to do next, I'm starting to fear I have damaged the mobo while upgrading. Thanks for any tips.

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Next step is hooking the motherboard up while it is sitting on a pizza box. Try using one HD at a time to see if you can get to a bios screen. I have had some motherboards that will do nothing unless there is a good HD attached(intel comes to mind). If you still get nothing replace the motherboard.