Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Guild Wars game problem.

• Please log in to reply

Fox07

Fox07

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
My 15 year old son plays the Guild Wars games and recently he has been having this problem where all these weird lines shoot out from the persons head. He is driving me crazy keep asking me what it could be and I haven't a clue. Please could anybody enlighten us how we can get rid of the lines? :whistling: The game was fine when he first got it and its okay for about the first minute or two of the game when he starts playing but then the lines appear and spoil the game. :blink:

This is a picture showing the lines that I mean.

Posted Image

Advertisements

HPDV8315LOVER

HPDV8315LOVER

• PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
Any detail on your computer like spec?

Fox07

Fox07

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
Sorry not very good on computers - could you tell me how to get the specs that you need? Its a Windows Xp Home Edition but not sure what else. :whistling:

HPDV8315LOVER

HPDV8315LOVER

• PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
try this:

http://www.alexnolan...are/sysspec.htm

Fox07

Fox07

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
Okay thanks for that - he's just going to do it now because his computer is upstairs. :whistling:

Fox07

Fox07

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
This is what he has given me - not sure if its enough information or not.... :whistling:
Posted Image

HPDV8315LOVER

HPDV8315LOVER

• PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
If your son was playing Guild Wars nightfall, here's the requirement

Minimum System Specs:

Windows XP/2000/ME/98
Intel Pentium III 1.0 GHz or equivalent
512 MB RAM
CD-ROM Drive
3 GB Available HDD Space
ATI Radeon 8500 or GeForce 3 Series Video Card with 64MB of VRAM
16-bit Sound Card
Internet connection
Keyboard and mouse
DirectX 8
Recommended System Specs:

Windows XP/2000
Intel Pentium 4 2.0 GHz or equivalent
1 GB RAM
CD-ROM Drive
4 GB Available HDD Space
ATI Radeon 9600 or GeForce FX 5700 Series Video Card or above
Sound Blaster® X-FiTM series Sound Card
Internet connection
Keyboard and mouse
DirectX 9

And i got just one question, Did you have the latest video driver installed?

mozzer11

mozzer11

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
It might be an overheating issue. Try downloading speedfan from HERE and see what your temps are.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Sure looks like a driver issue to me. Download and install the latest driver from here:
http://www.nvidia.co...p_2k_93.71.html

Fox07

Fox07

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

If your son was playing Guild Wars nightfall, here's the requirement

Minimum System Specs:

Windows XP/2000/ME/98
Intel Pentium III 1.0 GHz or equivalent
512 MB RAM
CD-ROM Drive
3 GB Available HDD Space
ATI Radeon 8500 or GeForce 3 Series Video Card with 64MB of VRAM
16-bit Sound Card
Internet connection
Keyboard and mouse
DirectX 8
Recommended System Specs:

Windows XP/2000
Intel Pentium 4 2.0 GHz or equivalent
1 GB RAM
CD-ROM Drive
4 GB Available HDD Space
ATI Radeon 9600 or GeForce FX 5700 Series Video Card or above
Sound Blaster® X-FiTM series Sound Card
Internet connection
Keyboard and mouse
DirectX 9

And i got just one question, Did you have the latest video driver installed?

I'm not really sure what a video driver is but the machine hasn't been altered in anyway since we bought it from PC World in January 2006. It went into the local computer shop to have the electrical bit replaced (sorry can't remember what its called. :whistling: ) just before christmas but thats the only thing that has changed since it was new I think.

Fox07

Fox07

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

It might be an overheating issue. Try downloading speedfan from HERE and see what your temps are.

Okay thanks I will tell him to do that. :whistling:

Fox07

Fox07

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Sure looks like a driver issue to me. Download and install the latest driver from here:
http://www.nvidia.co...p_2k_93.71.html

Thanks for the link - he is going to do it now - will let you know how it goes. :whistling:

Justin

Justin

I do a little bit of everything

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
Worst case scenario, you can contact Tech Support at PlayNC (the people who make GuildWars work)

The PlayNC Support Website
The PlayNC Support Center at http://www.plaync.com/us/support is the place to find answers and contact our support team. Answers to many commonly asked questions are available in our searchable site. Many of these answers will tell you what information to include when contacting support for a particular issue, so you can often speed the process along by sending the necessary information in your initial inquiry.

If the Support Center does not contain the answer to your question, click the Ask a Question link. Once there, follow these simple steps to submit your question to us:

1. Enter your e-mail address in all lower case (e-mail address is case sensitive).
2. Type your subject and message in the appropriate boxes. Populate the fields and drop-down menus and click the Submit Question button.
3. If you already have a support account, skip to Step #5. If you have never created a support account with us, you will be taken to an account creation screen. Enter the information requested to create your support account. We respect your privacy and do not share this information with other companies. Click the Create Account button.
4. New accounts will be taken to a screen verifying account creation.
5. Click the Finish Submitting Question button.

You will be presented with a reference number for your submission. A copy of your question will also be e-mailed to you for your records.

Please Note: Your support account login is separate from your PlayNC or game account logins so that you will always have access to support, even if you are having a problem with your game account.

You can update your issue at any time by using the My Stuff tab. For more information about the My Stuff tab, including how to track your current support issues, click the link below.

How does the My Stuff section of the support website work?

Phone Support
We offer telephone support for billing and technical support issues only. You may contact a member of our Billing or Technical Support Teams by calling the number below. We do not offer telephone support for general game support issues. Any calls regarding game support will be directed to use one of the available support methods listed in the Game Support section.

1-512-225-6359
Mon-Fri
12pm to 5pm, Central

But I would wait and see if anyone here can fix the problem first :whistling:

Fox07

Fox07

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
Sadly the driver download didn't fix the problem. :whistling: Thanks so much for all your suggestions though. :blink: