Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help installing child's cd

• Please log in to reply

Qorayah

Qorayah

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I am trying to install my childs learning cd on my new computer. I am using windows xp. and I have the lastes flash player installed on my computer. Can you help me to install this cd? It tells me that it can not install flash player 6 and wont install this cd. Please help need this for home schooling.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Windows XP already has Flash 6. Therefore it cannot install something that's already there.

Qorayah

Qorayah

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Well why would it not let me install it and say that it can not install flash player 6?

It also tells me that it has to install it to run the program.

Do you know of a way to get around this and use the game?

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• 8,476 posts
What game is it?

Qorayah

Qorayah

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Advantage 2006 pre algebra

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• 8,476 posts
Errors like this can be caused when you try to install something from a Limited User Account in Windows XP. Therefore install from an Administrator Account.

But according to other reviewers on Amazon.com, this program and its sister programs haven't been physically updated for a while, (considering as it wants to install Flash 6 which was released in 2002 and comes as standard with XP Service Pack 2 anyway which dates August 2004) so I suspect it may have XP incompatibility issues.
http://www.amazon.co...6/dp/B0007ZHB28