Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot Apply any Wallpaper

• Please log in to reply

thefunnymanfrommars

thefunnymanfrommars

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Hi, Quite recently i've noticed problems trying to apply any wallpaper to my pc. I tried through display properties as well as by right-clicking on an image and neither worked. Any suggestions?

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi thefunnymanfrommars...

What is showing as the wallpaper now? Is it at least something you had selected in the past?

Right click on the desktop and choose "Properties". Click the "Desktop" tab, then the "Customize Desktop" button. Click the "Web" tab. What is listed in the "Web pages" field?

wannabe1

thefunnymanfrommars

thefunnymanfrommars

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
It shows nothing. the only thing that i can actually change is the colour of the background. And When i go into the web tab under the customize desktop option, the one option that shows is My Current Home Page which isn't even checked. I've run all sorts of virus scans and all that and tried to eliminate that possibility if that helps.

Goretron

Goretron

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Yes sir I also have the same problem and can not find a way to fix this. I was going to post it, but you beat me to it. I also could use some help on that.
Thanks and have a happy day.

Goretron

Edited by Goretron, 28 January 2007 - 05:15 PM.

bobster

bobster

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I came here looking to solve the same problem :whistling:
any clues????

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
To add to what Wannabe1 says,

Right click the desktop->properties->desktop tab->customize desktop button->web tab->highlight the entry and click delete-> click OK.

Go back to desktop tab->choose your background.

SRX660

drsjr1

drsjr1

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
I'm having the same problem. Anybody find a solution yet?
Thanks