Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

E-Mail Problems

• Please log in to reply

Philip H.

Philip H.

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
Hello,
I started having trouble with my e-mail today. I'm with Comcast Cable. I use Outlook Express for my E-Mails.
Every time I open up my E-Mail, I get tons of Returned mail messages.They ALL have an attachment with them, but different addresses. The Attachment is from a Winning Number Notification. I am rumming AVG Anti-Virus, with E-Mail Scanner. Is there anyway to block this since it is using different addresses? Also, if is RETURNED MAIL, does that mean I'm sending this out every time I E-Mail someone? I have already set up a new account, but if this is someting on my computer I want to know about it.

Thanks.

Phil Heard

Advertisements

Philip H.

Philip H.

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
Also My new E-Mail is: [Edited]

I know I'm not supposed to post that here, but how do I go In my account here and change my e-mail?

fozziebear

fozziebear

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
Click on "My controls "
Click on change email adress.
fill in ALL the fields and you have changed the email adress.

You might want to go thru these steps and than post a HJT log to make sure you are malware free.

Philip H.

Philip H.

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
Okay, I got my E-Mail changed. I'm still Having same original problem with old E-Mail

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts

Also, if is RETURNED MAIL, does that mean I'm sending this out every time I E-Mail someone?

No, this doesn't necessarily mean your machine is sending out the mail. Scammers are able to spoof the "from" address so that it appears to be anyone. But to be sure, follow fozziebear's advice and post a HJT log in Malware.

You said you changed your email address but were still getting returned messages. Did you change your email only with Comcast, or also in Outlook Express? Did you remove your old email address in Outlook Express? See this link on enabling spam filters with Comcast. This should help.