Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Booting problem, freezes occassionally //

• Please log in to reply

iskandar

iskandar

• Pip
  • 5 posts
My Compaq Presario will sometimes takes up to 20 times in order to work well.
Usually the CPU does seems like working with function light on and fan moving, but the monitor wont show up, saying No input signal or Monitor Going To Sleep.

After many times then it'll work but usually it freezes in the process of booting or while playing a blue screen appears like IRQLNOTEQUAL and stuff. Reformatted thrice still the same, dang. So help me :whistling:

Thanks.

Iskandar

Advertisements

fozziebear

fozziebear

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
especially that stuff is impotrtant to determin what your problem is. there are 8 or 10 digits behind it...

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
let me know if it is not this one which points to it a hardware problem
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/311564

if it comes up again see if it is here
http://fleamailman.f...c.php?p=312#312

any other signs of hardware not 100% have you changed hardware recently

Edited by fleamailman, 23 January 2007 - 04:47 PM.

iskandar

iskandar

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
alrighty i shall try though the first link you gave seems like it but i did not do any upgrades cause the windows xp is preinstalled when purchased. so do i still follow closely to the recommendations?

nah not changed recently except this problem persists more after i changed my modem :whistling:

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
It is hardware but I cannot put my finger on it with the details you have given here, is the temparture OK, harddrive good, dust removed from fans, etc.,