Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

switched to ff,,maybe to thunderbird

• Please log in to reply

mugg325

mugg325

• Pip
  • 2 posts
[font=Arial] i have switched to ff2,,love it,,am thinking about switching to thunderbird from oe,,can i delete any of the updates and hotfixes and delete oe,,or am i just confused,,i am wanting to free up space on drive

thanksjava script:emoticon(':whistling:', 'smid_23')
:blink:
i [size=3]

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
FF rocks! :whistling:

To answer your query... I would leave OE alone for now until you are satisfied with Tbird.

If you want to clear out some hd space, you might try deleting the contents of your Temp folders (both Windows and your user account under Local Settings). Also empty your Temporary Internet files. Once you're done, a defrag wouldn't hurt.

Edited by makai, 23 January 2007 - 03:55 PM.

mugg325

mugg325

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
java script:emoticon(':whistling:', 'smid_18')
:blink:

thank you for the reality check lol..
i was just greedy with anticaption that i maybe able to free up space.. i use cc and clean out temp files etc on a regular basis. but i may sound duh,, is local settings called something else..java script:emoticon(':help:', 'smid_23')
:)

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
The Local Settings folder is "hidden". To unhide it, open any folder (or my computer) and go to Tools>Folder Options>View... Select "Show hidden files and folders".

Once you do that, the Local Settings folder will be visible under your user account in Windows Explorer.