Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Xp MSN Explorer

• Please log in to reply

DaveBHX

DaveBHX

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi Guys have laptop and run XP home on it and always kept uptodate with windows updates fro ms. I fitted a new hard disk in the laptop but couldnt find my original xp cd so borrowed a mates. since relaoding windows on the laptop all works fine but now MSN explorer wont let me register with out payment to ms to use MS explorer? is this because i have used a newer build cd to install windows back on the pc? or is the a crack or something to allow me to use MSN explorer?

cheers

Dave

Advertisements

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
curious, in borrowing the XP from a friend did you use reinstall the system using your original license key, this site does not give cracks but if you ring MS explaining your situation they may help you here.

DaveBHX

DaveBHX

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi Yes did use the original licence key off the original COA sticker stuck on my laptop as it is a legal copy that was on my laptop

spoke to msn they said you now have to pay to use ms explorer if you are UK based .

strange as my other pcs at home dont.

I might try to get an older version of windows xp home and reload that to see if if it fixes the problem

thanx

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
not doubting you, I meant that perhaps it was because your license was OME type and you had then tried using a normal XP cd with it, still curious what is the make of computer, but anyway I think you solved the problem