Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Two separate audio outputs

• Please log in to reply

rob.jarvis

rob.jarvis

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Is it possible to have two separate audio outputs at the same time?

My idea is for one person sitting at the PC listening to CDs, for example, while a second person sitting in another room listening to internet radio fed from a separate audio output.

Advertisements

Bobbydoo8

Bobbydoo8

• PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
Yes, definately possible. Onboard audio on my motherboard allows me to do that, I could output 3 if I wanted to. Sometimes, I output my spks on my computer and output to the home theatre system, so YES its definately possible to output separate audio ports at the same time.

:whistling:

rob.jarvis

rob.jarvis

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Good. How do I do it?

I've got an Asus A8N-SLI Premium with on-board Realtek ALC850 8-channel sound.

Bobbydoo8

Bobbydoo8

• PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
Lol, well it depends with your motherboard and the audio program they give ya, but I use RealTek Sound Manager.

Look in: start>control panel>and search for RealTek or an audio program that seems to be put in there by your motherboard.

You can check your Asus disc for the name, drivers, and application for your sound.

RealTek Sound Manager: If you have the same one as I, go to speaker config>UAJ Automatic>Click ports and change to Headphone/Speaker.

*Note*--Some motherboards do not let you change the port configuration on-the-fly. Just search around a bit and you'll get it. Try googling "Asus A8N-SLI Premium Review"