Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cubecart installation

• Please log in to reply

azurdin

azurdin

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
Hi, I have uploaded all the files from my computer to the server that host the site. But when I type the site address, it doesn't work, nothing comes up. this is the 1st time I am doing this, so I am afraid I am missing something. Any help please. I used the firezilla to upload the files. :whistling:

Advertisements

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Did you set up your mysql database and run the installer?

If not, read your install instructions and follow them.

azurdin

azurdin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
am I supposed to install it on the same directory as the cubecart? or in another subdirectory. I was afraid if I install it under the same directory, then I will not be able to access the cubecart, because I then get taken to the mysql site. thanks.

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
MySQL is not a site, its a database and must be installed by the owner of the server. You cannot do it.

azurdin

azurdin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
ok, but it is hosted by yahoo, and they had the link that said, install php something. This is really confusing, do you know a site that is very economical that can host my website and do all this for me?

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
http://www.gtghosting.com

azurdin

azurdin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
Will I run into the same problems here?, because now I can see the cubecart when I go to my website, I am on the page where it ask me about the database user info. It ask me:

Database Hostname:
Database Name:
Database Username:
Database Password:

azurdin

azurdin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
Now the error is: MySQL Error Occured
2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (46)

Warning: Unknown(): open(/tmp/sess_eb53688bb4903186b631871760e9fb24, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Retired Staff
  • 2,682 posts
for future reference, if you decide to go with gtghosting, they have oscommerce and agora shopping carts ready to install.

I'm currently setting up an OSCommerce cart myself and it is fairly easy to do.

Just my 2 cents worth here.