Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot delete AAWTMP Folder - Need Help

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

amipres

amipres

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:whistling: When I attempt to delete the AAWTMP folders, I get a message that "Cannot delete (filename): The directory is not empty." When I look in explorer, there are no files shown. I tried Eraser. It erased the folder, but was immediately replaced by a folder of a different name, consisting of letters and numbers. Tried deleting in Safe mode - no success. Have run AVG and cleaned up. Still no change. Removed all vestiges of AdAware SE. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Edited by amipres, 23 January 2007 - 06:41 PM.

Advertisements

Crustyoldbloke

Crustyoldbloke

Old Malware Surgeon with a shaky scalpel

• Retired Staff
  • 15,131 posts
Please Click here!, and follow the recommendations in the guide.

If you're still having trouble, We'll need you to use a free diagnostic tool, Hijack This. Follow the instructions in step five of this guide, and reply here with your log.

Most of what Hijack This lists lists will be harmless or even essential, DO NOT delete or modify anything yet! Someone will be along to tell you what steps to take after you post the contents of the scan results.

amipres

amipres

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you for your help. I followed the steps you sent and have removed the files. Several more malware were found, both virus and spyware. AVG produced no report although finding some malicious files which were quarantined. SuperAntiSpyware.com found more and removed them. The biggest surprise was Panda. It found 5 more virus files and removed them. None of these were found by Norton!!!! Somewhat disappointed there. I am already running SP2 for windows with current updates so no update was needed. The only problem encountered in the process was during SuperAntiSpyware scan. Norton displayed a box informing me that it had detected and removed a virus (Downloader) which it has been doing daily for about a week. So far today, no such notification.

Thanks again for your help. I am sending your website to several people who I think may benefit from the excellent help.

Crustyoldbloke

Crustyoldbloke

Old Malware Surgeon with a shaky scalpel

• Retired Staff
  • 15,131 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :whistling:

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.