Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please Help! My laptop C drive disc is full & Suspended...

• Please log in to reply

ItalianIvy444

ItalianIvy444

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:whistling: [b] Please help, while downloading more tunes I realized my memory is maxed. My downloading is paused and reads disc is full. Where do I start with this, I'm so confused. Do I transfer some of my documents to DVD-rw's or an External hard drive (I'm clueless on both), and then do I reconfigure my C: too or transfer all my media to D: drive (furthermore what is D: drive for in a laptop?) and only leave my operating systems on my C: drive. I'm so overwelmed here. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Advertisements

Diego8

Diego8

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
You could backup some data to dvd's so you can free some disk space. I you have an external hard disk even better because information can be copied/deleted/modified much faster and easier than with a dvd.

The other thing, reconfiguring your C drive. You should first check what's your C and D drive's capacity. If C is a bit short (less than 10 GB) then you should only use that drive for the operating systems.
If that's not the case then you can save some of your personal files in C and in D, taking in mind that the drive with the operating system should not have less than 1 GB free.

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
have you done a disk cleanup

or a disk defragmenter

in your add/remove programs are there any programs you dont need

i suggest you start cleaning
then remove programs uninstall the ones you dont need
then go to my computer open it program files look for program flies or programs you remove then delete the folder like example you removed yahoo then look for folder and remove it do that for each program you removed

if your not sure what to uninstall then do the ones you installed
not anyone else is
then defragment

now to create more space delete songs
save them on disk and delete them
run cleanup again and restart

So download CleanUp! now and reap the benefits of a clean machine.

http://www.stevengou...ftware/cleanup/

go to download site and download clean up run the program not the demo

if you got enough space use your xp cd and reinstall windows
(only as an option)

hope that helps

Edited by rushin1nd, 24 January 2007 - 09:29 AM.

Diego8

Diego8

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
Why do you say that ItalianIvy444 should reinstall Windows?
As in this case Windows is not giving any trouble. Maybe you are referring to the dead registry entries after uninstalling a program.
If thats the case then you don't need to reinstall windows just download a program that remove those dead entries.

Edited by Diego8, 24 January 2007 - 09:24 AM.