Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Computer Making Alienish Sounds?

• Please log in to reply

sososick

sososick

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
Hi. My desktop has been making weird "wave/static" sounds for some reason. Even when no program (with audio) is on, you'd hear it. Anyone have any idea what this is all about? And how to resolve it?

Thanks!

Edited by sososick, 23 January 2007 - 10:24 PM.

Advertisements

bobsalive

bobsalive

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I get that sound sometimes too, and I just give my computer a shove and it stops. I think that it has something to do with the power source fan...

vally

vally

• PipPipPip
  • 573 posts
Maybe it is that the audio out connection is loose then it sort of vibrates from the fans in the tower and u hear the soft noise. When u r running with sound u don't hear anything cause if it faint and soft in the back ground.
I don't really know of a way to stop it. maybe try and wipe the audio conector??

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
a better description of the sound would be helpfull...where does it come from? does it sound mechanical?

sososick

sososick

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
It comes from the speaker. Sorry if i confused you. It's not from the CPU, no, from the speakers. Like i said, it sounds like, AM radio frequency or whatever, but more subtle.

sososick

sososick

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
Okay i recorded a sample of the sound from my mp3 player, and uploaded it.

Here you go: http://download.yous...51FDDDC737CEED7