Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound Controls

• Please log in to reply

Pixxxxehh

Pixxxxehh

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I cant find a 'Restore Defualts' for my sound controls. I have a labtec headset which has
a working headset but the mic is to quite. Is there anyways without rebooting to get the defualts bk?

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start then control panel then sounds, speech, audio then sounds and audio then advanced on volume you can adjust there

Pixxxxehh

Pixxxxehh

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Click start then control panel then sounds, speech, audio then sounds and audio then advanced on volume you can adjust there

View Post

No, there isnt a 'Restore Defualt' button there. Or anything like that.

Pixxxxehh

Pixxxxehh

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Sorry Keith, I misundertood. I have gotten that window before. Still I cannot find a restore button.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
There is not a restore defaults button, this is usually done from the soundcard, however, the volume slider for line in / mic should be there, just move it to increase volume. If you cannot see line in / mic then press options top left then properties and put a tick in its box

Pixxxxehh

Pixxxxehh

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

There is not a restore defaults button, this is usually done from the soundcard, however, the volume slider for line in / mic should be there, just move it to increase volume. If you cannot see line in / mic then press options top left then properties and put a tick in its box

View Post

Thanks :tazz: , But the mic is still not high vol, I have to swallow it before I get a respectable sound.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
The only othert things are click start then control panel then sounds, audio speech then sounds, audio then click voice to see if the headset is set as default then click volume and adjust you can also click audio and see if the headset is the default recording and then press volume to see what it has there

If you have Office with speech recognition, open the language bar then press tools then options then advanced speech then audio input and make sure this is set to the soundcard and the dot is in use this input device then click OK and apply