Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless-B Game Adapter/Windows Router

• Please log in to reply

tcarney

tcarney

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hey....recently i got a Wireless-B Game Adapter from Linksys so i could play my PS2 online. Yet, I don't know how to set it up. I followed all of the instructiuons in the Linksys setup thing, but it still won't work. I contacted Linksys, but they said they were unfamiliar with the Windows router. Can anyone help me with this??

Thanks
TJ

Advertisements

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Hello there.

What kind of model is it exactly?

I can probably help you as I do a little PS2 online myself and I use a wireless gaming adapter as well.

tcarney

tcarney

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
The wireless adapter is a Linksys Wireless-B Game Adapter and i have a regular PS2 and all. My router is a Microsoft Broadband Networking Model MN-700. For some reason, I just can't get on the internet with the wireless adapter.

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Do you have any sort of encryption on the router?

tcarney

tcarney

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
uhh i have a WEP address thing. I entered that on the setup and all, but it still doesnt work.

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Try disabling your encryption and try it again.

tcarney

tcarney

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Do you mean disable it and then turn it back on or disable it and leave it off?...because won't that like leave me open to viruses and stuff??

tcarney

tcarney

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
ok so i wasn't able to turn off my firewall but i was able to block ICMP commands, but it did nothing. I've configured my wireless game adapter to my WEP encryption, so it should work. But for some reason, it doesn't.