Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ntldr is missing

• Please log in to reply

Boddie1999

Boddie1999

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello everyone ... first ... thank you for taking the time to read my post. My husband wanted to reformat the hard drive from our second computer. He reformatted it and now tried to load xp onto it but when the computer boots up it won't install ... instead we get a message saying NTLDR is missing. Any suggestions ?

Advertisements

Guest_usetobe_*

Guest_usetobe_*
Hi,

If you click on the link below, it will give you instructions to follow.

Link to fix problem

Regards,

Usetobe

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Have a look here

NTLDR

Boddie1999

Boddie1999

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for the links ... I'll check them out :tazz: I appreciate the help very much!

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
It says 2000 but the same applies to XP

Remailer

Remailer

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
Make sure in the bios that Boot from Cd rom is first over the hard drive. It sounds like it is going right to the hard drive that is formatted so it would not have any files to load hints the NTLDR missing. if you need help doing this post back and i will help.

dmohnen

dmohnen

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
You formatted the drive and are trying to install form CD. If you are getting ntldr not found, then you may have to change the boot order in the bios to boot form CD rom. Then you will get a message to boot from CD press any key.