Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

overclocking my graphics card?

• Please log in to reply

fortuitous

fortuitous

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
Hi there everyone, with my new graphics card (ASUS EN7600GS ), came a piece of software called 'ASUS SmartDoctor' which is for overclocking the card, can anyone give me some advice to using this, will it ruin my card? will it give me better performance? and how do i go aobut doing it, theres 2 sliders in the smartdoctor programme, one for 'engine' and one for 'memory'? please could someone explain how this works to me, many many thanks Bob

Advertisements

Bobbydoo8

Bobbydoo8

• PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
As long as your graphics card can play every game you have with zero lag then you don't need to worry about overclocking your graphics card...

Keep in mind before ever upping your graphics card that all cards are made unique and can't be clocked to the same settings as another computer, also OCing destroys any warranty you had on the product.

Your best bet to learn the most about this situation is to google your graphics card. Try "ASUS EN7600GS Review" There have been articles made on how one can go about overclocking their graphics card just search around.

:whistling: