Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Installing Fable

• Please log in to reply

millerman996

millerman996

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
:whistling: Ok, so I just bought the ATI Radeon X1500 Pro video card and I am trying to install Fable on Windows XP. It comes with 5 cd's to install it with, I think I am currently at work so not totally sure how many. But when it says insert the 2nd cd, I insert it and it just stays there, nothing happens. It's like the install is put on a hold and I cannot install it. Anyone mabey be able to shed some light on this situation? Thanks much

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
copy all the cd's to the hard drive and run the install from that location.

millerman996

millerman996

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
How would I do that....like copy them...what you mean?

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
I mean create a folder called cd1 and then copy the contents of cd1 to the folder cd1. You can do this by dragging and dropping your cd rom to your hard drive (through windows explorer) and it will do the same thing for you.

The draw back is you have to have lots of free disk space to do this.

millerman996

millerman996

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Ok thank you...I will try this when I get home from work...Ill update when I get done.