Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Also issue with Need for Speed Carbon

• Please log in to reply

millerman996

millerman996

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
I also have an issue with Need for Speed Carbon. I have had it installed, beat the game and everything BUT.....I moved my pc from my old house over to my new house...Hooked it up, the game was running fine. Then one day I go to play it, insert the cd, double click on the icon....The window comes up for it to run and then all of a sudden my computer shuts down and reboots....Why is this happening???

Advertisements

blindu

blindu

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
dude i have the same problem.... i still havnt managed to solve it, i installed it, i click the icon, and then boom it restarts. i contacted the support website for them and they asked that you have the latest display drivers and that you have some settings disabled from ur video card like v sync and set the athroscopic to 0 or something. im still having that problem unfortunately. maybe ur solutino is easier than mine, just go to support.ea.com and there they might have a solution for you. good luck man.

but just so that i wont make a new post with the same problem ill just type it here if its fine with everyone, i still have the problem, and ive been trying to solve it for months.

my specs are

2.4 ghz
512 RAM
256 AT radeon 9800 Pro (wasnt the original vid card that came with the comp, i switched it a long time ago)

other games such as NFS Most Wanted and Battlefield 2 and Counter Strike run very nicely on this computer.. but why not carbon... i even paid 50 bucks for it and im sure now i cant erturn it, ive waited too long. please help :whistling:

HPDV8315LOVER

HPDV8315LOVER

• PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
blindu, You're 512MB short to meet the recommended requirement to play NFS: Carbon on high setting.

The rest of the spec are good. You just need at least 512MB of ram.

blindu

blindu

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
hmm so what ur saying is that the game wont play because i cant play it on high setting? thats a real bummer... i can play most wanted on high settings and that has the same exact reqs as carbon. i talked to the EA tech support for so long that they gave up on me and just told me to give up and give the game away or something, but ill never do that!

millerman996

millerman996

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
hey man i fixed the problem....what i did was i defraged my hard drive, which took about 2 hours....I then totally uninstalled and reinstalled my Radeon X1300 Pro drivers...then uninstalled and reinstalled the game and now it works like a charm...played it for the first time online last night, got my butt handed to me but it was fun to finally play it again....

blindu

blindu

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
ah see i even reformatted my hard drive, i reinstalled windows and such, before i did that though, i would just get a blue screen, and then the computer froze, so i had to restart. now it just restarts itself. i reinstalled the game so many times too, still no success.

millerman996

millerman996

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Not sure what else to say man....sorry

liquidparamedic

liquidparamedic

• Pip
  • 1 posts
[just to let anyone know...the ONLY sure way to see if your comoputers RAM works ok is to reinstall windows...if NOTHING strange happens (rebbots,blue screen..anything) RAM is OK..if you see something like that the DVD freezes during installation...the problem is the RAM.

Jazza

Jazza

• PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
Liquidparamedic that won't prove anything, there are millions of programs that test your RAM and give you any error reports. Do Not reinstall Windows unless you are asked to by a Staff member.

Jazza!

blindu

blindu

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
well i just put in 1 GB of ram in my computer.. and it still does that... i dont get why though, and a friend of mine gave me this RAM test program and i let it run for about 2 hrs and it works fine, no errors at all. but now the problem is that i tried to run teh game agian, and it still reboots the computer. i still dont get it. i have a intel P4 processor, 1 GB of RAM, 256 ram ati radeon 9800 pro, which i noticed that on my motherboard it doesnt run more than 4X because thats the max it can do. so idk what to do, ill have to download the iso image to the game, burn it on a dvd, and then install it from there, and if it still does that then its my copmuter, if not then its the game on my original disc. ugh so much crap to do

konaman22

konaman22

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello !

I had the same probleme with the game ...I searched for about a week and I fixed it by downloading the latest driver version of my ATI radeon X1300, since that the game works great!!! In my case I had to go on Dell.ca and search for my drivers.