Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MS Project 2003

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

drsnet41

drsnet41

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
When I create a new MS Project 2003 project plan on the left hand side I get a window titled Tasks. I believe this is referred to as the Statup Task Pane. This pane walks you through starting up a new product. I find it very handy. I just closed this pane and can't figure out how to bring it back up. Anyone know how to do this. The help command doesn't help. I see an option under Tools->Options->General for "Show Startup Task Pane" but I think this will only make it appear the next time you start a new project. How do I bring this back up in my existing project?

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
The window labeled "Tasks" (if it is the one shown in the attachment "Project Project Guide") is the Project Guide. To see the Project Guide, first display the Project Guide toolbar (click View, Toolbars, Project Guide), then click the Project Guide icon (first on the left).
[attachment=12786:attachment]
The Startup Task Pane is labeled Getting Started. If you need to reopen it while you're in Project, hit F1 for Help (which is another Task Pane), then open the drop down box and choose Getting Started (see the attached "Project Startup Task Pane").
[attachment=12787:attachment]
If these don't help, please post back.

drsnet41

drsnet41

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Thank you for your assistance. I checked View, Toolbars and see that I did have Project Guide checked. However it was at this point I noticed the Tasks button in one of my toolbars. Once I clicked on that it came back up. Thanks again.

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Glad you found it :whistling: