Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

69 Spyware Infections?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

jason3278

jason3278

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I was having trouble with an old version of Spyware Doctor, so I uploaded a new one. I ran a full scan, and it said I have 69 infections, unfortunately I cannot proceed with deleting these unless I buy their program. I'm actually not sure if I believe them. My computer isn't acting funny, I run AdAware and SpyBot now and then, and they find and delete maybe 1-3 infections when I run them. I also have McAfee. I just don't know if I believe that I have 69 spyware infections. Are they just trying to get me to buy their program? Can I go through and just delete the registry keys, since Spyware Doctor gives me those? Anyway, I thought I would come here first and try to get some help before making any purchasing decisions.

Thanks,

Jason

Advertisements

Crustyoldbloke

Crustyoldbloke

Old Malware Surgeon with a shaky scalpel

• Retired Staff
  • 15,131 posts
Hello and welcome

Some programmes deliberately goad you into purchasing by inflation the threat levels, others do not. Please do not expect me to give you a list.

I will however, give you my opinion. I believe that the best AntiVirus programmes are Kaspersky and NOD32.

I believe that the best AntiSpyware programmes are Spy Sweeper and AVGas.

If you believe that you have malware on your PC, please read and action the article under CLICK HERE above.

Crustyoldbloke

Crustyoldbloke

Old Malware Surgeon with a shaky scalpel

• Retired Staff
  • 15,131 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.