Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Connection Problem

• Please log in to reply

Kikuta

Kikuta

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi. Today I received an error concerning my desktops internet connection. When I plug in my internet cable, it's always saying "Acquiring network address". I right clicked on the Local Area Connection icon on the bottom right of the bar and clicked on repair. An error message instantly appeared before my eyes announcing: "Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed: Renewing your IP address". I have been using my internet connection perfectly yesterday but bumped into this problem after I turned on my computer. I am using Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 by the way. I hope anyone could give me advices on how to fix this problem. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Kikuta

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go!

First, have you reset your modem and/or router?

What might have happened on your computer yesterday? Anything unusual? Did you install anything?

Is this computer networked in any way? If so, please provide details.

Kikuta

Kikuta

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go!

First, have you reset your modem and/or router?

What might have happened on your computer yesterday? Anything unusual? Did you install anything?

Is this computer networked in any way? If so, please provide details.

I appreciate your warm welcome and fast reply :whistling:! With my hopeless computing skills, I have luckily solved my problem which i somehow created in the first place. The solution i found to my problem was by executing a program called Winsock Fix. This fixed my internet connection. Thank you for your help anyway :blink:

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Thanks very much for posting your solution :whistling: