Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus

• Please log in to reply

vrdwarak

vrdwarak

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hey,
I accidentally uninstalled a software, and now I do not see the volume controler icon in the system tray, and when I try to open the volume controller through the entertainment, it says "there are no active mixer devices available. To install mixer devices, go to control panel, click Printers and Other hardware, click add hardware."

When I try to do that, it says "cannot install hardware because the wizard cannot find the necessary software."
It wants me to install the software that I uninstalled. I do not know where to download it from. Can somebody help me? Thank you! :whistling:

Advertisements

ViprXX

ViprXX

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
I think I know what your saying so try this. click start, goto control panel, click sounds and audio devices the check the box that says "place volume control on taskbar". hope it helps.

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*

new compatible drivers can be found for your sound

just post the

MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER OF YOUR COMPUTER

your device managers probably showing some yellow question marks or exclamation marks

from start >>control panel >>system>>hardware>>device manager

you wont be able to update or uninstall those drivers because your hardware wizard cannot find the necessary software

Edited by rushin1nd, 25 January 2007 - 07:08 AM.

vrdwarak

vrdwarak

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

I think I know what your saying so try this. click start, goto control panel, click sounds and audio devices the check the box that says "place volume control on taskbar". hope it helps.

Hi, thank you! I tried that before, but it would not work. Also, when I try to play any audio file, the media player does not allow me to. It says I do not have the necessary software. Do you think I can download the software from online?
Thanx!

vrdwarak

vrdwarak

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

just post the

your device managers probably showing some yellow question marks or exclamation marks

you wont be able to update or uninstall those drivers because your hardware wizard cannot find the necessary software

Hello, thank you so much for your reply. If you want me to post the Name and Model number of my computer, I will do it asap. Thanx a TON! :whistling:

Edited by vrdwarak, 25 January 2007 - 02:46 PM.

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
sure the make of your computer and the model number

vrdwarak

vrdwarak

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

sure the make of your computer and the model number

Hi,
The Make is Sony
The model is VGN-SZ series.
The processor is Intel Centrino Duo
I have Microsoft XP Professional Version 2002 - Service Pack 2.

Thank you so much!

vrdwarak

vrdwarak

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

just post the

Hello, thank you so much for your reply. If you want me to post the Name and Model number of my computer, I will do it asap. Thanx a TON! :whistling:

Hi
I just thought that I would let you know another thing. When I did like the other person said, "go to sounds and audio devices in the control panel, and then select 'place volume icon in the taskbar' ", I could not select the box that says "place volume icon in the taskbar" as it was grayed out. On the top, it says, "No Audio Device." (please see the attached file).
I thank you so much for your help. :blink:

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
they will continue to gray out untill the new drivers are downloaded and installed

theres no attachment on your previous post so until you show the make and model of your computer we cant help you

vrdwarak

vrdwarak

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

they will continue to gray out untill the new drivers are downloaded and installed

theres no attachment on your previous post so until you show the make and model of your computer we cant help you

Hi,
I have mentioned the make and model of the computer in my previous post(the post before the one in which I described about the "gray out"). I am pasting it again here:
Hi,
The Make is Sony
The processor is Intel Centrino Duo
I have Microsoft XP Professional Version 2002 - Service Pack 2.

Please see the post before the one in which I described the "gray out."
Thank you,
:whistling:

Edited by vrdwarak, 25 January 2007 - 10:42 PM.

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Hi,
I have mentioned the make and model of the computer in my previous post(the post before the one in which I described about the "gray out"). I am pasting it again here:
Hi,
The Make is Sony

heres the website im at

http://www.css.ap.so.....VAIO Notebook

it shows series but not model....theres a variety of them

need the exact model ....if you dont know then use driver genius

http://www.driver-soft.com/

you dont need too purchase it just click on sound on the left and the compatible drivers show on the right

type in the date of driver available company name an type of driver

type the available drivers here

Edited by rushin1nd, 25 January 2007 - 11:51 PM.

vrdwarak

vrdwarak

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Hi,
Hi,
The Make is Sony

heres the website im at

http://www.css.ap.so.....VAIO Notebook

it shows series but not model....theres a variety of them

need the exact model ....if you dont know then use driver genius

http://www.driver-soft.com/

you dont need too purchase it just click on sound on the left and the compatible drivers show on the right

type in the date of driver available company name an type of driver

type the available drivers here

I thank you very much. But I just called SONY five minutes ago, and they showed me the URL to download the driver. it is: http://esupport.sony.......&SelectOS=7
There, we can download any driver for Sony. I downloaded the Sigma Tel High Definition Audio Device Server. It works perfectly! I am very happy!
I thank you for all your help and time. And I am so sorry for the trouble. :whistling:
Take care.
:blink:

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
glad you solved your problem

no trouble at all

vrdwarak

vrdwarak

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

no trouble at all

Hello,
I have another problem now. :whistling: When I try to play any DVD using Windows Media player says "
Windows Media Player cannot play DVD video. Open Display in Control Panel, and then lower your screen resolution and color quality settings. To view the DVD Troubleshooter, click More Information."

When I try to play using Real Player, it says "This application has failed to start because ad2mcmpgdec.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

Do you know where I can get this ad2...dll?
Thanx! :blink:

vrdwarak

vrdwarak

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

no trouble at all

Also, another window opened after I closed Real Media telling me "DVD Error:The DVD cannot be played. Key exchange for DVD copy protection failed."