Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus

• Please log in to reply

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
HI..........

i came across this hope it helps`

Error "...failed to start because ad2mpegin.dll was not found..." when you start an application after installing Premiere Elements 2.0
Issue

When you start various third-party audio or video applications, the applications return the error message, "This application has failed to start because ad2mpegin.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

Details

You are running Windows Media Center and recently installed the Windows XP Media Center Rollup 2 update.

You recently installed Premiere Elements 2.0.

Solutions

Do one or more of the following solutions:

Solution 1: Add the ad2mpegin.dll and ad2mcmpgdec.dll files to your Windows\System32 directory.

This error message appears because the application you are attempting to start cannot find the ad2mpegin.dll file on your system. If you see this error message when you start an application, and you recently installed Premiere Elements 2.0, copy both the ad2mpegin.dll and ad2mcmpgdec.dll files from the Premiere Elements directory to your Windows\System32 directory:

1. Navigate to the Premiere Elements 2.0 folder. By default, this folder is installed at C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 2.0.

2. Copy the ad2mpegin.dll and ad2mcmpgdec.dll files.

3. Navigate to the Windows System32 folder. By default, this folder is installed at C:\WINDOWS\system32.

4. Paste the ad2mpegin.dll and ad2mcmpgdec.dll files into this folder.

Note: You may also need to copy the ad2mpegin.dll and ad2mcmpgdec.dll files to Windows\ehome and to the program folder of the application that you are trying to start.

Solution 2: Restore your system to an earlier state.

This problem stems from changes made to the system that were implemented in the Windows XP Media Center Rollup 2. Restore your system to a state prior to the installation of this Windows update.

Background information

The files ad2mpegin.dll and ad2mcmpgdec.dll are codecs installed by Premiere Elements 2.0. Some third-party applications are designed to load all codecs that are installed on the system when they start. These applications detect when ad2mpegin.dll and ad2mcmpgdec.dll are installed, but they are unable to locate these files in the Premiere Elements 2.0 folder.

This error may appear when you start Windows Media Center, Spotlight, or when you start your system.

Advertisements

vrdwarak

vrdwarak

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

HI..........

i came across this hope it helps`

Error "...failed to start because ad2mpegin.dll was not found..." when you start an application after installing Premiere Elements 2.0
Issue

When you start various third-party audio or video applications, the applications return the error message, "This application has failed to start because ad2mpegin.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

Details

You are running Windows Media Center and recently installed the Windows XP Media Center Rollup 2 update.

You recently installed Premiere Elements 2.0.

Solutions

Do one or more of the following solutions:

Solution 1: Add the ad2mpegin.dll and ad2mcmpgdec.dll files to your Windows\System32 directory.

This error message appears because the application you are attempting to start cannot find the ad2mpegin.dll file on your system. If you see this error message when you start an application, and you recently installed Premiere Elements 2.0, copy both the ad2mpegin.dll and ad2mcmpgdec.dll files from the Premiere Elements directory to your Windows\System32 directory:

1. Navigate to the Premiere Elements 2.0 folder. By default, this folder is installed at C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 2.0.

2. Copy the ad2mpegin.dll and ad2mcmpgdec.dll files.

3. Navigate to the Windows System32 folder. By default, this folder is installed at C:\WINDOWS\system32.

4. Paste the ad2mpegin.dll and ad2mcmpgdec.dll files into this folder.

Note: You may also need to copy the ad2mpegin.dll and ad2mcmpgdec.dll files to Windows\ehome and to the program folder of the application that you are trying to start.

Solution 2: Restore your system to an earlier state.

This problem stems from changes made to the system that were implemented in the Windows XP Media Center Rollup 2. Restore your system to a state prior to the installation of this Windows update.

Background information

The files ad2mpegin.dll and ad2mcmpgdec.dll are codecs installed by Premiere Elements 2.0. Some third-party applications are designed to load all codecs that are installed on the system when they start. These applications detect when ad2mpegin.dll and ad2mcmpgdec.dll are installed, but they are unable to locate these files in the Premiere Elements 2.0 folder.

This error may appear when you start Windows Media Center, Spotlight, or when you start your system.

Hello,
I tried both the solutions, but they dont work. What does it mean by I have to paste it into the program folder of the application that you are trying to start? I do not know where the program folder is for windows media player. Can you help me with that?

Thank you so much. :whistling:

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
HI...Try to follow the instructions BELOW

When ever you right click on a icon or file or even a program
your given a list of option such as copy... delete ..open..etc...
but in this case we will use 2 of the options
when you see the .dll they mention ...simply right click it...copy...go to next step and paste it in designated folder

open my computer
open C:drive
go to program files
look for Adobe Folder
open it
open Adobe primere Elements
look for this ad2mpegin.dll
Right Click on it
Copy it

Now go back to Cdrive Local Disk
WINDOWS FOLDER
open it
LOOK for SYSTEM32
OPEN IT
SCROLL ALL THE WAY TO BOTTOM AND PASTE
THE ad2mpegin.dll SHOULD APPEAR

THEN DO IT ALL OVER EXCEPT COPY THE NEXT DLL

go to program files
look for Adobe Folder
open it
open Adobe primere Elements
look for this ad2mcmpgdec.dll
Right Click on it
Copy it

Now go back to Cdrive Local Disk
WINDOWS FOLDER
open it
LOOK for SYSTEM32
OPEN IT
SCROLL ALL THE WAY TO BOTTOM AND PASTE
THE ad2mcmpgdec.dll SHOULD APPEAR

I hope it works according to adobe that should fix your problem

http://www.adobe.com...x.cfm?id=319912

RESTART YOUR COMPUTER

Edited by rushin1nd, 27 January 2007 - 04:46 PM.

incomputerate

incomputerate

• Pip
  • 2 posts

new compatible drivers can be found for your sound

just post the

MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER OF YOUR COMPUTER

your device managers probably showing some yellow question marks or exclamation marks

from start >>control panel >>system>>hardware>>device manager

you wont be able to update or uninstall those drivers because your hardware wizard cannot find the necessary software

hi I also have this problem can i also get some help I have an ASUS EEEPC

franky1

franky1

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

I have the exact same problem from the beginning. I'm with a Dell Optiplex 745. I've been trying to fix this for weeks! Please help!

Thank you :)