Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

2 problem in one week please read

• Please log in to reply

trolo

trolo

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hello guys and girls i had a huge problem that one of my hard drives just had an error i took it out and now am running with one hard drive ( before i had 2 ) and i had to restore my pc i lost 150 gb of information now i have 120 gb of space on my restared computer my problem now is that when i open lets say "My Documents" and try to drag the file ( while open ) it sorta drags like it skips normaly it should do a smooth drag but its skipping what could b the problem ?? :whistling: :blink:

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Could be a mouse problem (not tracking movement as smoothly as it once did). If it's an old technology ball-type mouse, the ball housing may have clogged up with dirt and fluff over time. The ball can usually been removed to facilitate cleaning. Inside the recess there are two metal rollers. These need cleaning (don't use liquid) to remove the fluff.

Alternatively you could skip the cleaning and just treat yourself to a new optical mouse which doesn't use a ball and is much smoother anyway (and stays that way).

Edited by pip22, 25 January 2007 - 01:24 PM.

trolo

trolo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
the mouse i have is optical not ball and its not a mouse problem because it moves perffect just dragiing it and when u move it it does not do a mooth drags it sorta teleports and scrolls up or down which ever way but does not do a smooth drag