Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Gateway Laptop S/W Recovery Help Needed

• Please log in to reply

dtoole9999

dtoole9999

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm hoping someone is more computer savvy than Gateway's tech support team!!!

My 8515 GZ laptop's hard drive crashed so I ordered a repl drive and the 5 cd recovery s/w from Gateway.

The recovery process involves restoring both a system and user partitions.

Following the automatic prompts, I am able to go through all five cds to 45% of the restoration process. (I'm assuming that this is the end of the system partition section?). At this point the prompt asks me to again load disk 4. But when I reload that disk, the system doesn't recognize it (or any of the other disks). I've already tried a second set of recovery disks from Gateway and have also tried partitioning and formatting the hard drive prior to running the Recovery s/w.

I would greatly appreciate advice from anyone who may know the "secret procedure" that is not specified in Gateway's misinforming System Restoration Guide.

Thanks for your help

dtoole9999

Advertisements