Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

My Destop theme,taskbar and all is like classic cannot change back to

• Please log in to reply

eliminator

eliminator

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
I have attacjed a screeshot off my problem can you guys help me out I cannot fiqire it out I cannot change my theme back to xp blue the taskbar windows and all is like the windows classic veron is the display box it shows my theme as blue although it isn't it's gray I don't know what caused it but it's all messsed up
thanks Neil
[font=Verdana]

Attached Thumbnails

• Image2.jpg

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi eliminator!

Please download the Resources.zip file. Extract the files to C:\Windows directory. Make sure that the destination is set to C:\Windows. Once they are extracted, reboot your computer and once rebooted try to change the theme back to Windows XP.

You change the theme back to Windows XP theme by right-clicking on the desktop and selecting PROPERTIES. In the DISPLAY PROPERTIES window, make sure you are on the THEMES tab and then select WINDOWS XP from the pull-down list under the THEME heading. Click APPLY and then OK and you should have the Windows XP Theme back.

Fenor

eliminator

eliminator

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
Thanks for the quick response What causes This Fenor? The fix is going to work Bravo

Edited by eliminator, 25 January 2007 - 07:58 PM.

eliminator

eliminator

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
FENOR I was wondering how to fix that it was driving me insane but all is well know thanks a million you guys are awsome :whistling:

Edited by eliminator, 25 January 2007 - 08:04 PM.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Glad it worked! :whistling:

Fenor

eliminator

eliminator

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
what cause it Fenor did a registry scan delete something? because I did have the folder options to show hidden and windows files as well I done this accidently

Edited by eliminator, 25 January 2007 - 08:07 PM.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
This can be caused by a number of possibilities. Malware is usually the culprit, because once you remove it, the files corresponding to the XP Theme can be irreperably damaged. A registry scan could possibly do it, but what I had you do only replaced files and didn't modify the registry in any way, so I doubt that was the cause in this case.

Fenor

eliminator

eliminator

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
Thanks I'm gonna go to the malware forum and make sure I haven't got something lurking in the background My computer it fixed and even seems faster is this possible? thanks