Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Microsoft Outlook problems

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

PeterS

PeterS

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Hi,
I recently installed Microsoft Outlook 2003 and have nothing but problems. I can't seem to send or receive much with it.
Here is the message it gives me:

" Task 'mail.aapt.net.au - Receiving' reported error (0x8004210A) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). "

I have referred to the ISP but there is no problem.
I mostly have to use Outlook Express at the moment and it has no problems whatsoever.
I have tried disabling email scanning from my AVG antivirus and have uninstalled ZOne Alarm but still no better.
The problem also appears to be intermittent but mostly there.
Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance,
Pete

Advertisements

Flrman1

Flrman1

Malware Assassin

• Retired Staff
  • 6,596 posts
Please do not post duplicate topics. Reply here:

http://www.geekstogo...s...=146434&hl=

This thread is closed.