Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cant print on wireless network

• Please log in to reply

dvea

dvea

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
I have just installed a router.
Two computers using XP are wired in to router and can print
Third computer using ME is wireless and can connect to internet, but cant print to the printer on main computer.
I go to ADD A PRINTER, then say network printer, then browse entire network, then see workgoup, but there are no other computers or printers listed there.
That is as far as I get

Help before I stab myself in the eye with this pencil

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. On the hosting computer which the printer is connected to, did you be sure to select Share this Printer?

dvea

dvea

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Yes, it is shared.
I've been thinking......just because my wireless computer is connected to the router, it doesn't necessarily mean that I am networked with the other two does it?

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
As long as the device is set to shared, it will broadcast that ability to the router, where the other computers can pick it up. Do you have a firewall installed on the computers?