Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Here's the deal........ I NEED HELP!

• Please log in to reply

Pluto56

Pluto56

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
Okay, just bought a Linksys wrt54G router.

What I want to do, is hardwire to my desktop, and have it wireless for my laptop or any other laptop that may come into the house. At this point I don't care if the neighbors use it!

I rebooted the desktop, nothing running, and put in the install disc. BTW, I am on DSL internet here, with a static IP address.

I get through the wiring directions, in order. Then it scans the puter for it's settings. When that is done it asks for a password. It did not come with an owner's manual. From what I read in the online owners manual, the default password is "admin". Which was already highlighted. I even tried changing that, no dice. Hit enter, it scans again....... asks for a password.......... over and over again. I can't seem to get past that. I have rewired, rebooted, started over more than a few times. I thought possibly my firewall was causing a problem. Zone Alarm, but I disabled it, still no luck.

What am I doing wrong ? Or is it the software that came with it?

Any and all ideas would be welcomed, I'm lost and do not want to call Linksys if I can help it.
Thanks guys and gals.

:whistling:

Advertisements

• Pip
  • 3 posts
hey dont get mad get even-- check your email- the nights young.

Pluto56

Pluto56

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
just did talk to ya 6442, problem solved.
Sorry everyone else! :whistling: