Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot connect to iTunes store - connection refused

• Please log in to reply

Grandma Deb

Grandma Deb

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I received a tip from Jiff to help with my iTunes problem. It was suggested that I should add iTunes to my exception list in Norton Internet Security. But, there's a problem there too. I can't open that NIS either. It tries to open and but the window only partly opens and then just sits there for hours.

I downloaded iTunes Version 7 and have had a mess every since.

HELP (please)!!!!!

:whistling:

Advertisements

Jiff

Jiff

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
The tip Grandma Deb is referring to can be found in this thread (post #15).

Grandma Deb, can you tell me specifically what version of Norton Internet Security you are running? The problem you are having (as far as connecting to iTunes Store) is because of Norton. This is a common problem. Please make sure that your Norton software is up to date and try to open it again to gain access to the exception list.

I am not an expert with NIS by any means, but I will try to look into the problem you are experiencing when trying to open NIS. Possibly someone else here might have a tip on why NIS does not respond when you try to open it.

Let me know your version of NIS. Also try to update and see if you can load NIS. I'll get back to you if I can figure out why NIS wont load for you.

Jiff

kmmchat

kmmchat

• Pip
  • 1 posts
same EXACT thing happened to me with the itunes and my norton 2006. I just updated my itunes yesterday and now it won't connect to store.

rachietyler

rachietyler

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have done all these things, and the same thing happens to me. it wont connect to the itunes store.

lopex

lopex

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Same problem. iphone 4 won't connect to itunes store, app store or ibooks, but my old iphone 3G (currently in use by husband) does. However, my safari and email works/connects just fine. Grrr... nothing but problems with this thing since the minute I opened the box. Missing my 3G!!