Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Display Properties Window Screwed-up

• Please log in to reply

kk7tz

kk7tz

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
One problem i have found recently is that my display properties windows has been messed up, as in there are no tabs and the only thing that it displays is the content from the theme tab. Has someone run acrossed this before?

-KK7TZ

Advertisements

Remailer

Remailer

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
sounds like you have a policy on teh computer.
start - run - gpedit.msc Look through all the options and see if you can find the display setings and if any of the policies are enabled. If not... Try running a repair on windows Xp with the xp cd. Run the cd on startup and hit enter at the first screen then " R " for repair and let it go.

kk7tz

kk7tz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Its not working that way. Once the laptop has booted from CD, the menu indicates that "R" is to bring up the recovery console. This is a command console were dos command can be entered.

How do I use it to repair this problem?

-kk7tz

Remailer

Remailer

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
No hit enter first then f8 i think to accept the aggrement then R. it is at the screen where you would do a normal install of windows.

Remailer

Remailer

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
let me try again. When you get to the R for recovery console chose the other option i think it is enter to install windows. Then accept the aggrement then hit R to repair or what ever the option is to repair.