Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

i protect you

• Please log in to reply

sammyblank

sammyblank

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
Hello to everyone and happy Australian Day!

My mother has installed this application called "i protect you" or something. It basically is supposed to warn you about certain sites you go to. The only thing is that I carn't seem to be able to uninstall it. It does not get populated in the add/remove programs list and I carn't find an uninstall icon. Could someone please help me with this? Also there are a couple of other programs like spybot SD which come up in add/remove programs but do not have a remove button when they are selected. Does anyone know why this would happen. Thanks in advace.

Sam

Advertisements

xxx1

xxx1

• PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
hi,

have you tried to search your computer.

1 - click on start.
2 - click search.
3 - in the left pane click on all files and folders.
4 - in the search pane type the name ( ) of the folder or whatever you need to find.
5 - press the search button

cheers...xxx1

sammyblank

sammyblank

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
I can find the folder in question, however i thought it was best to try and uninstall it instead of just delete the folder? Thanks for you help xxx1

xxx1

xxx1

• PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
CCleaner (short for Crap Cleaner) does a safe and nice job of cleaning a system of useless miscellaneous information.
download it from here - http://www.ccleaner.com/

when you have downloaded ccleaner, open it.

1 - click tools.

2 - click uninstall, if its in the programs to remove list, highlight it by right click.

3 - click run uninstaller.

when thats finished go to issues > click the scan for issues button and backup when prompted.

cheers...xxx1