Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer won't boot into XP

• Please log in to reply

NuttySquirrel

NuttySquirrel

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
I've been having a problem with one of my computers, it was acting slow lately so I installed some new antispyware programs to scan for any threats. Well, last night I turned off the computer normally thinking everything was alright. Well, today I tuned it on only to find the message that Windows did not shut down properly, and it listed if I wanted to start it Normally, in Safe Mode, Last Known Good Configuration, etc. No matter which one I choose it attempts to boot for a few seconds, then restarts sending me back in this loop. For example, I try Normal and Last Known Good Configuration and it shows the XP logo up for a few seconds, then restarts. I try Safe Mode and it lists all of the sys and dll's like it normally does, but part way down the list it restarts.

So now I'm thinking something has to be repaired through the recovery console. I booted off an XP cd and went into the Recovery Console, did a dir and it came back with an error. Tried the "mkdir test" command and it came back saying Access Is Denied.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Advertisements

xxx1

xxx1

• PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
hi,

heres some info that may be of use too you, here - http://articles.tech...11-6031733.html

thats all i could come up with for now, could be hardware issues?.

cheers...xxx1