Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Error with IE and FireFox

• Please log in to reply

dmcbass

dmcbass

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
I use XP SP2 fully updated. When I use IE6 and FF 2.0.0.1 at some point within 5 minutes either will freeze and I get the Microsoft dialog box asking me if I want to report. Here are 2 of the error messages I get.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Then I get these
Posted Image

I have IE6 and FF 2.0.0.1 on another 3 machines and never get these errors :whistling:

Advertisements

hotvoltage

hotvoltage

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Hi dmcbass,

This site will not only fix your registry and errors but will also scan for malware.This website is an all in one and if you use the full scan it might solve most of your problems.

Here is the link, use their full service. It'll find malware, clean registry and defrag your hard drive.

http://safety.live.c...-us/default.htm

Once you have used Windows one care to fix and clean your PC.

You can run a check disk.

1. Double-click My Computer, and then right-click the hard disk that you want to check.
2. Click Properties, and then click Tools.
3. Under Error-checking, click Check Now. A dialog box that shows the Check disk options is displayed,
4. Now I want you to not check anything but start.Let it run its course.
5. After it runs its course, select the "Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors" check box, and then click Start.
6. After it runs its course, select the Automatically fix file system errors check box, and then click Start.
7. If it tells you "The disk check could not be performed because the disk check utility needs exclusive access to some Windows files on the disk. These files can be accessed by restarting Windows. Do you want to schedule the disk check to occur the next time you restart the computer?"
Click Yes to schedule the disk check, and then restart your computer to start the disk check.

8. Its going to take a while while you reboot don't force it to stop. Let it finish its course.

Once you've finished all of that click start then run. In the run box type in exactly like this or cut copy and paste this

sfc /scannow

That should fix any problems and speed up your PC. If you have trouble with chkdsk boot into safe mode and do it in safe mode.

1. Begin tapping the F8 key every few seconds as the system boots up until the screen offering the Safe Mode option appears.
2. Use the arrow keys to highlight Safe Mode and press the Enter key.
3. The system will now boot into Safe Mode.

Posted Image

Edited by hotvoltage, 27 January 2007 - 09:41 AM.

dmcbass

dmcbass

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
I will do as you have suggested but since my post, I have had a Blue Screen. Here are the codes.

0x00000024 (0x00j902fe, oxf7929938, oxf7929634, oxf73819ce)

ntfs.sys - Address F73819ce Base At F735B000, Datestamp 41107eea

I will post again when I have completed your instructions.

dmcbass

dmcbass

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Well now I can't even complete the One Care to complete the install. I get Blue screens every time it starts to install
Here are 2 of the blue screens I have been getting

Unmountable_Boot_Volume
Stop: 0x000000ED (ox86f9a900, 0xc00000e8, 0x00000000, ox00000000)

and

0x0000008e (0xc0000005, 0x8058b498, 0xf5a0dbe4, 0x00000000)

hotvoltage

hotvoltage

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
I think your registry is messed up. Did you remove anything from the registry? Or/and did you recently remove spyware or a virus? I would do a system restore to as far back as I could possibly go.

This website will explain so much better then I can.

http://www.microsoft...temrestore.mspx

If you can't use system restore for any reason run a check disk and sfc /scannow

1. Double-click My Computer, and then right-click the hard disk that you want to check.
2. Click Properties, and then click Tools.
3. Under Error-checking, click Check Now. A dialog box that shows the Check disk options is displayed,
4. Now I want you to not check anything but start.Let it run its course.
5. After it runs its course, select the "Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors" check box, and then click Start.
6. After it runs its course, select the Automatically fix file system errors check box, and then click Start.
7. If it tells you "The disk check could not be performed because the disk check utility needs exclusive access to some Windows files on the disk. These files can be accessed by restarting Windows. Do you want to schedule the disk check to occur the next time you restart the computer?"
Click Yes to schedule the disk check, and then restart your computer to start the disk check.

8. Its going to take a while while you reboot don't force it to stop. Let it finish its course.

Once you've finished all of that click start then run. In the run box type in exactly like this or cut copy and paste this

sfc /scannow

I could give you a program that might fix your problem. It is very risky especially with a corrupted registry and since I am a user here I don't wanna introduce it.

I hope this helps

Edited by hotvoltage, 28 January 2007 - 12:30 PM.

dmcbass

dmcbass

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
I could not get the harddrive to boot and stay working long enough to get One Care installed.
I have now installed another HD with XP SP2 newly loaded in this same machine and I am trying to install One Care. The install got to the point of the restart and the machine booted normally, but now I get an error message from One Care that "Cannot complete the installation. OneCare cannot complete the installation at this time because of a problem connecting to the service. Please check your Internet connection, wait awhile, and then try again. If the problem persists, contact support."

Obviously my Internet connection is working because I am posting. I tried to contact support and basically got no where.

I installed OneCare on my son's machine and it worked perfectly.

Edited by dmcbass, 29 January 2007 - 07:46 AM.

dmcbass

dmcbass

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Mike,

You can close out this thread. It must have been the HD that was the problem. The newer one I installed seems to be working fine and I have reloaded all my apps with no issues.

Until next time, thanks