Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Comodo Firewall

• Please log in to reply

hawthorn

hawthorn

• PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
Im using Comodo Firewall and as far as I can see its working fine. Im not very experienced so when a deny or allow query comes up I generally just allow it if I recognize the name of the programme. But Im not sure really.

Also I got this one twice this week:

C:\Programme files\Microsoft office\Office10\WINWORD.exe has tried to use the parent application msimn.exe through OLE Automation, which can be used to hijack other applications. WINWORD.exe may be using msimn.exe to conceal it's behaviour in an attempt to connect to the internet with Firefox.exe

I didnt know what to do, so I denied it. Then i couldnt connect to any page, getting this message:

The proxy server is refusing connections

Firefox is configured to use a proxy server that is refusing connections.
* Check the proxy settings to make sure that they are correct.

* Contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working.

I dont even know what a proxy server is! Anyway i had to shut down and restart to be able to surf again. I find this very confusing, I havent even got Microsoft Office, but I do have Word, and I do use firefox.

Can anyone give me guidance here? Thanks.

h

Advertisements