Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Printer Problems in Outlook and IE6

• Please log in to reply

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
Hello:

Computer running Windows XP Pro with Service Pack 2 is having trouble printing from Outlook and Internet Explorer 6. There are three printers installed on this computer (two local and one network). We are able to print from all other programs, including other Office programs such as Word and Excel. In outlook, when you click the printer button, the print screen comes up as if the document is spooling but an error message appears soon after stating that the program is unable to print. The two options I get are Retry and Cancel. Retry does nothing. When I click Retry, Outlook restarts. I thought it might be a conflict with this program to this printer so was going to try another printer. I clicked File and then Print. When the window appears, I'd like to pick one of the other two printers but it won't let me. Instead, the default printer is selected by default (of course) but is also grayed out so I can't make any changes. When I click "Print" on that window, I get the same results. We are also having this same problem in Internet Explorer. However, when I click Print from the File menu in IE6, the program locks up. We can't even get to the next window where you pick a printer and printer settings. It locks up before that.

I reinstalled Office XP and installed Service Pack 3 for it. Didn't think this would help since we are also having problems in IE, but it was the only thing I could think to do. Well, it didn't help.

Can any of you think of a reason this could be happening.

Any and all information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Magus

Advertisements

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
Hello:

Just realized that some emails WILL print from Outlook while others will not. Can't find a pattern either. Some of them have attachements, some don't, some are internal e-mails from within the company, some are from the outside. Just can't figure this one out. IE still won't print anything. I am unable to find any information about this problem from the Microsoft Knowlege Base.

Any Ideas?

Oh, and we updated the printer driver for the printer.

Thanks,

Magus