Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Folder Checkbox UI Extension?

• Please log in to reply

zxSolidSnakexz

zxSolidSnakexz

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
Does anyone know of a UI extention for XP that will allow an arbitrary boolean checkbox when veiwing folders in the tree mode?

I am manually backing up important files in every directory of my computer and I want to make sure I dont miss anything.

I would like to have it so there is a checkbox next to every folder on the tree menu and when you check a folder the directories above it get the "almost filled in" box, so I can see which directories are partly checked and which I've completely checked.

If you've never heard of this can you point me in the right direction to coding UI extentions, I have experience in Java and C++ but nohthing OS specific.

Edited by zxSolidSnakexz, 26 January 2007 - 03:30 PM.

Advertisements

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
Maybe the folks who hang out here could help: http://www.donationc...ms/bb/index.php