Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Multiple Overclocking Programs-Problem

• Please log in to reply

Slipery

Slipery

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey, I am having a bit of a problem with my computer.. I have several overclocking programs such as Coolbits, RivaTuner, Ntune, and Powerstrip. I orginially was overclocking with Coolbits, and everything was working perfectly. However, I installed the other programs after I had done some overclocking and after I installed one of these programs I had to restart my computer. When I restarted my computer, I ran 3dMark 05 and my score was even lower then my original 3D mark score when I had no overclocking! My computer performance decreased.. The thing is, I look at these overclocking programs and they all show different Core and memory clock speeds :/ Whats going on? how do I fix this? Should have probably looked into this, but now my computer is more screwed up then when I started..

Ps: I also mistakedly changed my memory clock speed from 300- 850 at one point, pressed apply, and rand 3dmark 05.. Of course everything looked really screwy. Do you think this damaged any computer parts at all?

Edited by Slipery, 26 January 2007 - 10:56 PM.

Advertisements

xxx1

xxx1

• PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
hi,

have you set the bios back to load optimal defaults

cheers...xxx1

Slipery

Slipery

• Topic Starter
  • Pip