Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please help, i have ears

• Please log in to reply

luis555

luis555

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Non of the audio works for the internet. On youtube etc I can watch the videos but there isnt any audio. Mt speakers work and I can listen to music on just about any program imaginable but the internet sound doesnt work

Please help me!

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Please try updating your Windows Media Player to either WMP 10, or WMP 11 if your XP includes SP2. Without SP2 you can only update to WMP 10 but even that should cure your problem if your current version is older.

All versions available here:
http://www.microsoft...p;qstechnology=

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
You can also try the following:
  • Go to START-->RUN and type regedit to open the Registry Editor
  • Navigate to the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32
  • Now right-click on the heading Drivers32 and select NEW-->STRING VALUE.
  • Call this new String Value wavemapper.
  • Now double-click the wavemapper entry you just created and for the VALUE field, type in msacm32.drv and click OK.
  • Close the Registry Editor and try watching a video on youtube again.
Fenor

cmw2010

cmw2010

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
First thing, open your volume control and make sure the "Wave" volume control is turned up.