Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Can't uninstall HP PSC & Officejet 4.2 Corporate Edition

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I need to uninstall an HP printer driver called "HP PSC & Officejet 4.2 Corporate Edition." At least that's what it shows up as in the "add/remove program" section of the "control panel."

I've tried the uninstaller that came with the printer. Nothing.

I've tried downloading the officejet all-in-one "scrubber" from HP. Nothing.

I've even tried manually deleting everything labelled "HP" on my hard drive, and ended up just making a mess.

I've tried just re-installing the correct driver, and I get a message telling me that "a more recent version of this program already exists" and to "just connect the USB cable and everything will be alright." Or words to that effect.

HP tech support people were useless. HELP!!!

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 442 posts
  • MVP
This article may be of some use.

Uninstall unwanted drivers
source: http://www.tech-recipes.com