Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

external keyboard connected to Laptop

• Please log in to reply

unboundtrucker

unboundtrucker

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Is there any way that I can connect a keyboard from a compaq pc to my laptop, and have it work (needless to say I have spare parts) and need to get something running at home that will get me on line, Or Am I just being stupid :whistling:

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Absolutely you should be able to connect a regular keyboard to your laptop. The hitch may be that the keyboard is PS2 (round connector) and your laptop doesn't have one of those. If the keyboard is USB, then you should be all set.

unboundtrucker

unboundtrucker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
I had tryed to connect this key board earlier today and it wouldn't type, as you can see it is working now ...thanks for making me recheck, AWSOM thank you ALL for all of the help Ya'll've been to me (learnin' a few things about these newfangled contraptions) love this site ...soon as I can I'll donate to your site so you'll be able to help the rest of us old timers get squared away in the new ways
\:whistling:/ <(my daughter told me to do that)??? Hey thanks again keep up the awsom work I hope to know enough to help you answer some of these questions soon.
Jim

unboundtrucker

unboundtrucker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
oh and thanks 4 replying so fast :whistling: