Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows explorer shutting itself down on certain site

• Please log in to reply

gideononline

gideononline

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi there

I have a problem when trying to connect to the following site www.adrianmassey.com.
As soon as explorer connects the warning box pops up 'Internet explorer has encountered a problem and need to close etc.' I know the site is working fine as i can access it from my fathers pc i remember something about Java popping up when on his pc on the site.
This is the only web address this happens with.
Also I have an online subscription to racing uk and this is not streaming at all at the moment all my other streaming programs are working fine.

My pc also takes quite a while on startup, any help much appreciated
My operating system is Windows xp

regards
Gideon

Edited by gideononline, 27 January 2007 - 05:02 PM.

Advertisements

acklan

acklan

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 442 posts
  • MVP
Look in the Event Viewer in Administrative Tools. Are there any error messages? I suspect either Java or ActiveX as the problem.

gideononline

gideononline

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Went into the Event Viewer under Applications there are several Errors from when i try to get on the site

Faulting application iexplore.exe, version 7.0.5730.11, faulting module jvm.dll, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x0004ebb8.
Fault bucket 337518655.

Is this of any use i take it something to do with Java Virtual Machine, i downloaded latest version again recently?
Thanks for yourhelp :whistling:

acklan

acklan

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 442 posts
  • MVP
Go to Start then Run. In the Run box type sfc /scannow and press enter. You may be prompted for your XP CD.